Guest Policies for Grezns Hotels and Homes in India
General Booking Policy:
- Certain destinations may have different travel guidelines for specific times during the year. Please abide by all laws and guidelines as applicable.
- Policies are booking specific and would be informed to the guest at the time of booking or upon Check-In.
- Reference to Grezns includes its affiliates, employees and officers. “Hotel” refers to the hotel or home in which you have made a valid booking through Grezns.
- The primary guest must be at least 18 years of age to be able to check into the hotel.
- The usual standard check-in time is 12 noon. OYO tries to ensure that you can check-in any time after that till your reservation is valid.
- It is mandatory for all guests to present valid photo identification at the time of check-in. According to government regulations, a valid Photo ID has to be carried by every person above the age of 18 staying at the hotel. The identification proofs accepted are Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card, and Passport. Note that PAN card is not acceptable. Without an original copy of a valid ID, you will not be allowed to check-in.
- After reaching the hotel, if you face any difficulty in check-in and it cannot be resolved by the Hotel, you are requested to contact OYO immediately. OYO will verify the issue with the Hotel and post verification, you would be provided the following assistance:
- OYO will try to arrange for accommodation in the same Hotel
- OYO will try to provide you with alternate accommodation in its other listed properties if the same is available.
- If OYO is unable to provide alternative accommodation or you do not accept such alternate accommodation, you may be offered full refund.
- OYO will not be liable for compensation beyond your booking payment.
- Unless specifically intimated, OYO shall not be held liable to refund the booking amount or any part thereof in case of unavailability of rooms due to natural disaster (earthquake, landslide etc.), terrorist activity, government guidelines or any force majeure act, beyond the control of OYO.
Early Check-in and Late Check-out:
1. Early Check-In: The standard check-in time in Hotels is 12 noon unless mentioned otherwise in your Booking voucher. Early check-in is subject to availability. Extra charges will usually apply as per below policy:
|Check-in Time || Early Check-in Charges|
|Before 6 AM || 100% charges for one day payable as per room rates for the previous day
|Between 6 AM and 10 AM || 0% to 30% charges payable as per room rates for the previous day, depending on hotel policy
|Between 10 AM and 12 Noon || Complimentary
Complimentary breakfast will not be available to you for the day of early check in.
2. Late Check-out: The standard check-out time in Hotels is 11AM unless mentioned otherwise in your Booking voucher. Late check-out is subject to availability and cannot be confirmed with the Hotel in advance. Extra charges will usually apply as per the below policy:
|Check-out Time || Late Check-out Charges|
|Between 11 AM and 1 PM || Complimentary
|Between 1 PM and 5 PM || Upto 30% of the room rate for the day, depending on hotel policy
|After 5 PM || 100% of the room rate for the day|
Booking Extension Policy:
Any extension of stay at the Hotel is subject to availability of the rooms at the current ongoing rate and not at the rate at which the original booking was made.
- You can cancel your booking using the OYO website or mobile app.
- The applicable refund amount will be credited to you within 7-14 working days. OYO reserves the right to debit from OYO Money account, in case of cancellation amount being higher than money already paid by you.
- Some Hotels do not accept bookings from unmarried couples, do not accept local id proofs. This information is available to the Guest prior to making the booking. For any cancellations or check-in denial associated with such bookings that are dishonoured by the Hotel, OYO shall be under no obligation to refund any amount to the Guest.
- Hotels reserve the right to deny check-in where customers are unable to provide a valid government id or where minor Guests are travelling unaccompanied or if the Hotel is suspicious of the Guests check-in at it’s Property. Under all such cases OYO shall be under no obligation to refund any amount to the Guest.
- You can find the cancellation policies at:
- Mobile app:
- For corporate bookings, the cancellation policy mentioned on your contract will apply.
- In case no cancellation policy is mentioned on the Hotel details page, the following cancellation policy shall apply:
A. For bookings up to 3 rooms:
|Cancellation Time||Cancellation Fee|
|Until 9:00 AM on the check-in date||Free cancellation (100% refund)|
|Post 9:00 AM on the check-in date||One night’s booking amount|
No Show: In case you do not show up at the Hotel, charges for the first night shall be deducted.
Mid Stay Cancellations: In case you decide to shorten your stay any time post Check-In, you will be charged for one extra night as cancellation fee.
B. For Bulk bookings (4 or more rooms):
You need to pay at least 25% of the total booking amount as advance to make a booking for 4 or more rooms.
|Cancellation Time||Cancellation Fee|
|More than 30 Days||FREE Cancellation (100% refund)|
|Between 16 to 30 days of check-in date||12.5% of total booking amount|
|Less than 15 days of check-in date||25% of total booking amount|
No Show: In case you do not show up at the hotel, 25% of the total booking amount would not be refunded.
Mid Stay Cancellations: No refunds are applicable in case you decide to shorten your booking after the check-in date.
Long Stay Bookings
For bookings of more than 7 nights, you have to settle all outstanding payments on a weekly basis. Further accommodation is subject to settlement of the outstanding amount.
Triple Occupancy Policy:
Some Hotels allow triple occupancy by providing an extra mattress for the third person for extra fee. However no extra bed is usually provided.
- You should check with the Hotel for its Visitor Policy.
- In order to maintain privacy of guests and the tranquillity of the Hotel, OYO encourages its Hotel Partners to have a visitor policy where:
- Visitors are generally allowed to meet guests in the guest rooms during the day, except if there is an emergency.
- Visitors are not to be allowed to stay overnight.
- The Hotel front desk requires all visitors to present a government approved photo identity prior to accessing guest floors/rooms.
- Stay of 1 child up to 5 years of age is complementary without the use of an extra mattress.
- Breakfast charges may be applicable for the child.
Policy for Pets
Please check with the Hotel.
Code of Conduct:
- Illegal activities are not permitted in any OYO Hotel.
- You should be aware that the Hotel may refuse service or evict you
- For refusal or failure to pay for accommodation,
- If you act in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests,
- If you destroy, damage, deface or threaten harm to hotel property or guests,
- Any of your actions are deemed inappropriate by the Hotel.
- Please keep the Hotel room in a good condition and maintain hygiene and cleanliness. You may be held liable for any damage to Hotel assets (except normal wear and tear).
Smoking, Drugs and Alcohol
- Smoking is prohibited in OYO Townhouse. Some Hotels may prohibit smoking in their guest rooms so it is prudent to check with the Hotel Front Desk.
- Anyone found using or under the influence of illegal drugs or substances classified under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 will be reported to the
police and asked to leave the Hotel. Any evidence or suspicion of drug use at the Hotel will also be reported immediately to the police.
- Drinking alcohol is prohibited in all public areas including; in the Hotel’s lobby, hallways, and parking areas of OYO Hotels. Please contact the Hotel Front Desk regarding consumption of alcoholic beverages within your room, without disturbing the discipline of the Hotel or other guests.
Safety and Security
- For your own safety, please follow fire safety and emergency response procedures as directed by Hotel staff.
- OYO/Hotel are not liable for lost, misplaced, damaged or stolen valuables or belongings.
- Keeping your safety in mind, a SOS button is provided which gets activated in the OYO app upon check-in. This SOS button can be used in case of emergency. The Screenshot of the same is provided below.
- You may be contacted any time before your check-in date to confirm your arrival status/arrival time through calls or messages. If OYO does not receive a response from you after multiple attempts, your booking may be put on hold or cancelled. OYO will reinstate your booking when you contact us back or make a payment through our secure payment options, subject to availability.
- As we continue to strive to improve our services, we may reach out to you for your feedback on your experience through calls or messages.
- We might reach out to you for offers.
Beware of Fraud:
- OYO does not authorise any of its employees, consultants, third-party vendors, associates to collect payment in any other form other than payments from secure OYO gateway and its affiliated OTA payment gateway links.
- Any instances where collection of payment is attempted from any unauthorized payment gateways other than the ones mentioned above are acts of fraud. Encountering and acting on the same is solely on your own accord and discretion. OYO will not be responsible for any loss/liability arising out of such an event.
- Travel Insurance provided as a part of OYO's services shall be as per the terms and conditions of the third-party insurance company, Acko General Insurance (hereinafter “Acko”). Acko coverage shall only be applicable for check-in to OYO Hotels, OYO Homes, OYO Townhouse and Collection O establishments on bookings made only via the OYO App, website, mobile website, direct bookings and/or walk-ins. The list of OYO establishments covered by Acko may be changed from time without any intimation to you. OYO merely acts as a facilitator in connecting you with Acko. Please contact Acko directly for any claims or disputes. OYO shall not be held liable in case of partial acceptance or denial of the claims by Acko and OYO has no role or liability in claims settlement.
- It is clarified that a claim raised under the relevant insurance policy would act as a bar against any endorsement in the policy which would include but not be limited to changes relating to extension/curtailment of stay period and addition/deletion of guests covered under the policy.
- For any assistance related to insurance, you can write on “email@example.com”
While OYO works with our Hotel Partners to enable a comfortable stay, we recognise that you may have some concerns. If they are not addressed by the Hotel during your stay at the hotel, you may escalate the same to OYO. No complaint would be entertained post check out. For any assistance from OYO, please contact https://help.oyorooms.com/.
For any grievances:
Phone : 9313931393
Self Help :https://help.oyorooms.com
Grievance Officer:Chetan Shridhar More